Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world with over 1 billion people using the app monthly. With Instagram, you can build your brand through image and video content and it is far more effective than other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. The social media industry is one of the industries that is dominating the world at the moment and Instagram plays an important role in connecting people from around the world whether it be in business or personal relationships. There is a massive community of celebrities and brands on Instagram and the main point of the app is to gain followers, either through hard work or through the use of an Instagram growth service like Growthsilo. If you are an Instagram beginner, put the following tips into practice to gain new followers.
Always use hashtags
Hashtags are words or a word that begins with the “#” symbol and they are unique to social media. When you add a hashtag to your post, your post will pop up on the corresponding hashtag page which will make your post more visible. Instagram uses hashtags to categorize content and to make it easier for users to find certain posts and profiles because hashtags make users’ posts more discoverable. When you use hashtags on your post, your post becomes exposed to a wider audience which expands your reach. You will find many different types of hashtags including:
- Branded hashtags: These are hashtags created by businesses and brands that are unique to them, for example, Coca-Cola created the branded hashtag #ShareACoke.
- Descriptive/ Topical hashtags: These hashtags are related to the content that you post.
- Community/group hashtags: A specific group of people who relate to your message will use this hashtag
Whenever you post, try and use a maximum of 9 hashtags per post to boost visibility because this could potentially welcome more followers.
Engage with followers
Your engagement on social media is defined as your interaction with other users. Engagement can include liking someone’s picture, replying to a comment, sharing someone’s content, or replying to direct messages. IG tracks this metric because your engagement per follower helps IG monitor how interested your followers are in your content and content that receives a lot of engagement, gets favored by the algorithm. Engagement is important because it strengthens your relationship with your followers, helps you establish your brand’s personality and voice on social media, and also encourages brand loyalty.
Plan your content
Having a consistent presence on Instagram is very important so it is important to post regularly. The easiest way to do this successfully is to plan and one of the greatest tools at your disposal is a content calendar that works to organize and schedule your content for you which saves you time and guarantees that you have a constant presence on social media. Content calendars benefit you by keeping you on track, keeping you organized, helping you maintain consistency, keeping your followers engaged, and making sure you stay visible across all departments.
Go heavy on the features
IG has a lot of features and you should utilize them all. Some features you will find on the app include:
- Stories: This popular feature allows you to post images and videos in chronological order onto your profile and after 24 hours, the content will disappear. You can also add stickers to boost engagement.
- IGTV: These are videos that are longer that you can post on your feed.
- Reels: These are 15-second videos that you can attach popular music and audio to.
- IGLive: This feature allows you to create a video in real-time and your followers can join in and interact with you in real-time.
By using all visual marketing features available on Instagram you can appeal to your audience in many different ways which will boost your engagement as well as your visibility.
Stay within your niche
A niche is a community of people who connect over shared interests. There are a variety of niches on Instagram including:
Niches help you build a loyal audience and if you want to find your niche, assess what your interests and passions are.