While in the past it was enough to apply a filter to create a spectacular photo, today, with the emergence of new processing options, most users resort to the help of several photo editors at once, and sometimes to the best photo collage apps. You can learn more about the latter on Skylum’s blog. Of course, most smartphones have the Gallery app installed by default, which offers basic editing functions. But to process and create cool images on your mobile device, you may need specialized apps.
Table of Contents
If you are new to photo editing, the best app for you is Snapseed. This tool from Google has a huge range of features and an intuitive interface that can compete with desktop photo editors and is suitable for more advanced users. Benefits:
- a huge selection of editing tools, yet very easy to use;
- adjustment of exposure, color, and sharpness;
- cropping, rotating, straightening, and correcting perspective;
- selective adjustments and a healing tool;
- black and white, vintage, and texture filters;
- portrait enhancement, lens blur, and vignette;
- double exposure, frames, and text.
What’s more, the photo editing app keeps a history of your edits, so you can make changes to your previous actions at any time.
Adobe Photoshop Express
This mobile app uses the best photo editing tools from the well-known desktop Photoshop program. Despite a large number of additional features, this free photo editor is simple and easy to use even on a small phone screen.
It has all the basic instruments you need to create great shots – cropping, straightening, red-eye correction, brightness, contrast, saturation, filters, borders, and more.
Its huge advantage is the selection of smart filters that automatically fix common problems, such as color temperature and exposure.
To use the Adobe Photoshop Express application, you need to create an Adobe ID account for free. The advantages also include:
- over 80 filters for instant photo editing;
- photos can be imported and edited in RAW format;
- perspective correction feature to improve distorted perspective photos;
- instantly share photos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
This application is one of the most popular because of its variety of photo effects, overlays, and filters that allow you to create unique and visually appealing images.
The photo editor contains more than 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters. In addition, users can create photo collages with different layouts, backgrounds, and spacing options. Here are some more useful features:
- the ability to mark in favorites the most frequently used effect or overlay;
- auto-correct function to balance the color of the image;
- collage feature with up to 25 photos;
- customization of the interface.
The free photo editing program is easy to use and allows you to create graphics as well as edit photos.
It has many functions for creating the perfect design or photo editing. One of Canva’s best features is its extensive template library: you can put your shot into a preset layout and design it with different fonts, illustrations, graphics, colors, and artwork.
- great for advertising photos on social networks;
- lots of useful features;
- saves project history;
- allows you to share, print, and export images directly from the app.
The app is designed for social media users who want to create eye-catching, creative photos and videos for their social media accounts. It includes dozens of visually appealing filters, color editing tools, photo retouching, and font, and text editing features. Benefits also include:
- a focus on creating attractive content for social media;
- dozens of useful features, including background images, beauty enhancements, borders, and filters to make content creation easier;
- creating collages;
- sizes to fit different social media formats;
- fast and easy to use.
One of the most popular photo apps. It is not only one of the top editing tools, but it also allows you to share your photos.
This photo editor has an intuitive design, with a simple and straightforward main menu and easy-to-understand tools with simple icons.
You can use the app to share the resulting frames on social networks. Here are a few other features:
- free presets for instant photo editing;
- professional-grade tools;
- VSCO’s own community to share your pictures.
One of the most recommended photo editing applications with many interesting features and tools for improving images.
The app offers a wide range of photo effects and filters for processing images, such as handling raw files, borders, frames, and color enhancements. In just a few clicks you can customize the size, lighting, and more. There are also some other features:
- versatile photo editor as well as a photo licensing platform;
- intelligent filters and effects;
- a variety of collage templates.
With the apps listed above, you can turn your photos into artistic masterpieces. Choose a photo editing application according to your needs. Photo editors will help to take your mobile photography to the next level. Experiment and create unique works of art!