Because Las Vegas is a busy city, its logistical needs tend to be immense. Commercial trucks play an important role in the supply chain for many industries. But these huge vehicles pose severe risks. If they collide with smaller vehicles, they can cause serious injuries to those involved.
If you sustained serious injuries in a truck accident in Las Vegas, you should seek legal counsel, so you can hold all negligent parties liable for the harm caused to you. A reliable attorney will work with you to make sure you obtain the monetary compensation you need.
Kinds of Truck Accidents
See also:no posts found
Every truck accident in Las Vegas has unique fact patterns. Here are different types of truck accidents:
- Rollover accident. This type of truck accident is quite dangerous because a rolling truck can strike many vehicles across several traffic lanes.
- Jackknife accident. This truck accident happens when a trucker loses control of the truck and slides sideways.
- Rear-end collision. This accident can take place if a trucker does not slow down or stop promptly and collide with another car’s rear.
- Head-on collision. This truck accident is probably the most dangerous type of accident. It usually happens at high speed and a truck’s massive size leads to extensive damage.
- Underride accident. This accident takes place if a small vehicle is trapped underneath the trailer of a commercial truck.
- Side-impact collision. This can happen when a commercial truck strikes another vehicle’s side as it crosses the truck’s path or sideswipes a vehicle that travels alongside it.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Where injuries take place largely depends on the impact’s location. Also, this factor determines the seriousness of the injury. Common injuries associated with truck accidents include broken arms and legs, bruising, serious burns, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal bleeding, lacerations, amputation, and paralysis.
You must seek immediate medical attention after the accident. This protects your truck accident claim and makes sure you recover from the injury. After you see a doctor, you should speak with an attorney about your legal options.
What Compensation Can You Expect?
A truck accident lawsuit allows you to recover compensation for medical bills, lost income, diminished future earnings, pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, and disability. Your attorney can assess your claim and help you secure all the damages you are entitled to. They will not settle your claim for less than it is worth even if your case ends up in court.